J. Safra Sarasin Group publishes Annual Report with an impressive performance in 2015
- Net profit increased by 12% to CHF 230.5 million
- Group shareholders’ equity of CHF 4.1 billion and BIS tier 1 ratio of 27%
- Group net profit increased by 12% to CHF 230.5 million for 2015 from CHF 205.3 million for 2014.
- With the allocation of all Group net profit for 2015 to retained earnings, Group shareholders’ equity reached CHF 4.1 billion at the end of 2015 compared with CHF 3.8 billion at the end of 2014.
- Assets under management were stable at CHF 144 billion.
- Financial strength enhanced with a BIS Tier 1 ratio of 27%, comfortably exceeding regulatory requirements.
- Cost income ratio of 59.2%, which positions J. Safra Sarasin as one of the best in class in the private banking industry.
|Jacob J. Safra, Vice Chairman of the Group:
"J. Safra Sarasin continues to remain one of the best capitalised banks in Switzerland with Group shareholders’ equity of CHF 4.1 billion and a BIS Tier 1 ratio of 27%. These strong results for 2015 demonstrate yet again the virtues of our proven conservative approach to banking. Our financial strength has stood us in good stead over many generations and also enables the Group to be a pro-active consolidator in the private banking market."
|Ilan Hayim, Chairman of the Board of Bank J. Safra Sarasin:
"Our performance in 2015 was impressive with a significant 12% increase in net profit to CHF 230.5 million. This performance is even more notable in this challenging environment, and underscores the true worth of the Group’s deep-rooted qualities and experience. We continue to improve the range of our product offering and nurture the trust and confidence of our loyal clients and staff. The Group has all the attributes to thrive as a market leader."
The 2015 Annual Report of J. Safra Sarasin Group is available online at http://www.jsafrasarasin.com/internet/com/com_index/com_media_relations/com_reports_and_publications.htm