J. Safra Sarasin Group publishes 2014 Annual Report showing excellent results
- Assets under management up 12% to a record CHF 147 billion
- Net profit increased by 14% to CHF 205 million
- Clients’ assets under management grew by 12.2% to CHF 147.4 billion at 31 December 2014, compared to CHF 131.4 billion at 31 December 2013.
- Group net profit increased by 14% to CHF 205.3 million for 2014 from CHF 180.5 million for 2013.
- With the allocation of all Group net profit for 2014 to retained earnings, Group shareholders’ equity reached CHF 3.8 billion at the end of 2014, up from CHF 3.5 billion at the end of 2013.
- BIS tier 1 ratio of 25% reflects commitment to sound capital base.
|Jacob J. Safra, Vice Chairman of the Group:
"We are delighted to report these excellent results for 2014. J. Safra Sarasin Group has successfully established itself as one of the world’s leading private banks. We have secured a firm foothold in growth markets such as Asia and the Middle East, while strengthening our long-standing presence in other key domestic markets. J. Safra Sarasin is ideally positioned to pursue our growth strategy and act as a leading player in the ongoing industry consolidation."
|Ilan Hayim, Chairman of the Board of Bank J. Safra Sarasin:
"During 2014 we have accelerated our growth with focused investments on a number of fronts: expanding our institutional asset management capacity, acquiring the Swiss private banking business of Morgan Stanley, attracting top-tier teams across Europe, the Middle East and Asia. A key attribute is our strong local presence in major trading and financial centres, joined by the common thread of a family-owned private banking culture that instinctively knows how to best connect clients to global opportunities."
The 2014 Annual Report of J. Safra Sarasin Group is available online at http://www.jsafrasarasin.com/internet/com/com_index/com_media_relations/com_reports_and_publications.htm