Welcome to the J. Safra Sarasin Group – continuity, solidity, and long-term added value
As an international group committed to sustainability and well established through its banks in more than 25 locations in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America, J. Safra Sarasin Group is a global symbol of private banking tradition, emphasizing security and well-managed conservative growth for clients.
The J. Safra Sarasin Group is part of the family-owned J. Safra Group, a highly regarded name in global Private Banking with a long and successful history. All the companies in the J. Safra Group are built on strong financial foundations. Family ownership provides the Group and their clients with stability and a consistent long-term approach.
J. Safra Sarasin Group announces another year of improved growth and performance in 2020
- Group net profit rose by 5.3% to CHF 400.3 million for 2020 from CHF 380.2 million in 2019.
- Assets under management grew to CHF 192.4 billion, with net new assets of CHF 7.2 billion.
- Operating profit of CHF 546.3 million for 2020, up 17.2% from CHF 466.0 million in 2019.
- Cost income ratio of 55.9%, improved from 59.6%.
- Strong balance sheet of CHF 38.0 billion with substantial liquid assets of CHF 8.7 billion at the end of 2020.
- Group CET1 Capital of CHF 5.4 billion up from CHF 5.0 billion, with a CET1 ratio of 36.7%, well in excess of regulatory requirements.
- Strength of balance sheet enabled amortization of all remaining goodwill.
Jacob J. Safra, Chairman of J. Safra Sarasin Group:
“We are proud of how we performed as a Group in 2020, and especially how we managed the Covid-19 crisis and its challenges. We clearly demonstrated the Group's resilience, founded on the strong culture and values built over 180 years – an anniversary we celebrate this year in 2021. Our business continues to generate steady revenues with sector-leading efficiency. With our financial strength and clear brand positioning, we continue to be a proactive consolidator in the private banking industry.”
Jürg Haller, Chairman of the Board of Bank J. Safra Sarasin:
“During 2020 we successfully advised and enabled our clients in many instances to manage risks and benefit from different trends and opportunities. An example of this is our renowned expertise in thematic investing. We remain convinced of the need to tackle the fundamental issues of the environment and sustainability. Today’s younger society demands that the financial sector plays its part in finding solutions to these critical challenges and we are proud to play a leading global role. The Group continues evolving year after year, thanks to excellent execution, being attractive to clients and employees, and improving the range and performance of our investment strategies.”