J. Safra Sarasin Group publishes Annual Report with another strong performance in 2016
- Group net profit increased by 9.4% to CHF 252.1 million for 2016 from CHF 230.5 million for 2015.
- Group shareholders’ equity of CHF 4.4 billion at end 2016, up from CHF 4.1 billion, with all net profit allocated to retained earnings.
- Assets under management increased to CHF 148.5 billion from CHF 144 billion.
- Financial strength maintained with a Common Equity Tier 1 ratio of 28%, significantly exceeding regulatory requirements.
- Revenue increased to CHF 1,047.9 million.
- Cost income ratio stable at 60%, positioning the Group as one of the best in class in the private banking industry.
Jacob J. Safra, Vice Chairman of the Group:
"J. Safra Sarasin performed strongly again in 2016, reflecting the continued benefits of the conservative principles by which the Group has been guided over the past 175 years. The Group is one of the best capitalised banks in Switzerland with Group shareholders’ equity of CHF 4.4 billion and a CET1 ratio of 28%. Our financial strength and family ownership enables the Group to be a pro-active consolidator in the private banking market."
Ilan Hayim, Chairman of the Board of Bank J. Safra Sarasin:
"Our good performance in 2016 reflected steady progress across all key metrics. Net profit increased by 9.4% to CHF 252.1 million, and our cost-income ratio of 60% is one of the best in class. From a sound base of capital strength and outstanding efficiency we are able to react quickly to opportunities and play a leading role in the future of the sector globally."