Welcome to the J. Safra Sarasin Group – continuity, solidity, and long-term added value
As an international group committed to sustainability and well established through its banks in more than 25 locations in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America, J. Safra Sarasin Group is a global symbol of private banking tradition, emphasizing security and well-managed conservative growth for clients.
The J. Safra Sarasin Group is part of the family-owned Safra Group, a highly regarded name in global Private Banking with a long and successful history. All the companies in the Safra Group are built on strong financial foundations. Family ownership provides the Group and their clients with stability and a consistent long-term approach.
J. Safra Sarasin Group announces solid performance in 2018
- Group net profit rose by 10.2% to CHF 347.3 million for 2018 from CHF 315.3 million in 2017.
- Operating Income rose by 1.8% to CHF 1,209.2 million from CHF 1,187.3 million in 2017.
- Cost income ratio stable at 55.5%, reinforcing the Group’s performance as one of the best in class in the private banking industry.
- Assets under management stood at CHF 165 billion.
- Group shareholders’ equity of CHF 5.1 billion at end of 2018, up from CHF 4.8 billion at the end of 2017.
- Financial strength maintained with a Common Equity Tier 1 ratio of 31.8%, significantly exceeding regulatory requirements.
- Successful integration of Bank Hapoalim Private Banking businesses in Luxembourg and Switzerland.
- In 2019, the Group celebrates 30 years as a pioneer and leader in sustainable investing.
Jacob J. Safra, Chairman of J. Safra Holdings International and Vice Chairman of J. Safra Sarasin Group:
"We are pleased to report robust results again for 2018, particularly in the context of geopolitical uncertainty and a global economic slowdown. Our resilience and performance continues to be founded on stable ownership, exceptional capital strength, prudent controls, and investments with a long-term perspective. These qualities ensure that the Group is well positioned to benefit from opportunities that may arise as the banking industry develops."
Ilan Hayim, Chairman of the Board of Bank J. Safra Sarasin:
"The solid performance of 2018 is a testament to the consistent revenue generation of our core business and the prudence with which we manage the Group at all times. It is our first responsibility to ensure that the Group remains as strong as possible to weather different economic cycles, to provide a safe harbor to our clients and to guide them accordingly. In 2019 we are celebrating 30 years since the Group conducted its first sustainability investment analysis of a company, and we continue to be a global leader in this investment approach."