J. Safra Sarasin Group announces robust results in 2019
- Group net profit rose by 9.5% to CHF 380.2 million for 2019 from CHF 347.3 million in 2018.
- Assets under management grew by 13.0% to CHF 185.8 billion from CHF 164.6 billion, with net new assets of CHF 5.6 billion.
- Cost income ratio of 59.6%.
- Strong balance sheet of CHF 36.6 billion with substantial liquid assets of CHF 8.0 billion at the end of 2019.
- Group Tier 1 Capital of CHF 5.0 billion up from CHF 4.7 billion, with a Common Equity Tier 1 ratio of 31.3%, well in excess of regulatory requirements.
- Strength of balance sheet enabled significant increase in goodwill amortization and release of general banking risk reserves.
- Further expansion of the Group’s global network in Amsterdam and Istanbul.
Jacob J. Safra, Chairman of J. Safra Holdings International and Vice Chairman of J. Safra Sarasin Group:
"We are pleased to report robust results again for 2019, which demonstrate the key principles that assure the Group’s stable performance year after year: client focus and internal discipline. 2019 has seen the issues of environment and sustainability dominate the headlines. As a leader in the field of sustainable investments for over 30 years, and as a family-owned bank, we are naturally aware of our duty of care to future generations. With our financial strength, brand positioning and agility, we continue to be a proactive consolidator in the private banking industry."
Jürg Haller, Chairman of the Board of Bank J. Safra Sarasin:
"We are privileged to accompany many clients across generations as they build patrimony that requires careful stewardship. We firmly believe that creating a healthy environment for talent to thrive is essential for clients to be happy and entrust us with their wealth. This year’s Annual Report illustrates the Group’s global awareness and responsiveness across time zones, as we continually scan the horizon for clients, spotting opportunities as well as possible challenges ahead."